Club Notes 28th June 2020
All the latest Fixtures, Notices and Results for the Week
Sunday, 28 June 2020
Ladies Competitions Procedures
With club competitions commencing from 2 July, please read enclosed with regard to Competition Procedures.
A reminder to book your tee time for the Men's President's (Eamon Callanan) Prize on 2 July with the Competition Secretary (089 4354608) between 24-28 June.
There are some changes to the process of entering competitions, keeping scores, returning scorecards, paying entry fees.
We ask that you read carefully & acquaint yourself with the changes. All these modifications are to ensure we have a safe environment for all our members. To avoid groups of people gathering for the purpose of signing in or returning scores the computer has been disabled for now.
ENTERING A COMPETITION ON THE DAY:
• Before you play, check in at the Pro Shop (as you have been doing),
• Ensure your name is registered in the competition book by the Pro Shop,
• Pay your Entry Fee by tapping your credit/debit card on the card reader in the Pro Shop (no cash will exchange hands). If you do not have a card talk nicely to your friend/s & see will they pay your fee.
• Take a scorecard.
• Use your own mobile app ‘HowDidIDo’ to sign-in for your competition (like you previously did on the large computer screen in the locker room).
• Check back of score card & club white noticeboard for local rules.
SCORECARD & SCORING:
• You will mark your own scorecard for each hole played under column A (so no need for anyone else to handle your card).
• You must also keep a record of your markers score on your card using the far-left side of your card under column Marker.
• On completion of your round of golf, ask your marker to verbally certify your score.
• Make sure you have clearly printed/written the name & date of the competition, your name, handicap & your markers name on your score card.
• Make sure you sign your own card.
• If you can, use your own mobile app to input your scores (as you would previously do on the computer screen in the locker room) OR take a photo of your scorecard & when you get home enter your scores via your mobile app or laptop or computer or tablet within 2 hours of playing (don’t forget!!!). Do not worry if you have no electronic way of entering your score.
• Finally, just make sure you return the physical scorecard by dropping into the usual score card box on completion of your round on the day you play before you leave the club.
• Results of competitions will not be available for a couple of days & will be circulated by email.
• If you have had a good score – greater than 36 points in stableford or less than 73 nett in stroke play, you will need to reduce your handicap immediately before you play in another competition. Contact the Handicap Secretary- Carmel Vekins 087 2209213 for further info.
• When the results are circulated handicap adjustments (decreases & increases) will be automatically made.
DETAILS ON HOW TO USE THE MOBILE APP ‘HowDIdIDo’ WILL FOLLOW IN A SEPARATE EMAIL.
Your co-operation & patience is very much appreciated in these times of change.
Enjoy your golf. LADIES COMMITTEE NENAGH GC.
President's Prize: The President's (Eamon Callanan's) Prize will be played for on this Friday, Saturday and Sunday July 3, 4 and 5 The competition, which is also a Golfer of the Year event, will be an 18 hole qualifier with a 9 hole playoff on Sunday evening July 5 at 6.00. There will also be a separate competition for the more senior members off the green markers. Entry will for €10 (€5 for students). Enter and pay at the pro shop. Mark your own card. When you finish your round one of the three to sanatise his hands and he will enter the three cards into the computer. The other two needs not enter the clubhouse. Eamon, a native of Thurles, has served the club in various ways through many years having been captain in 2013. He is a great worker for the club, whether its cleaning around the clubhouse, doing a bit of stewarding during the pandemic, planting and caring for flowers, painting or course upkeep he's the first man there to give a hand.
Fixtures: The following are the proposed fixtures for end of June and July.
Wednesday July 1: Singles Stableford.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday July 3, 4 and 5: President's (Eamon Callanan) Prize (GOY).
Tuesday and Wednesday July 7 and 8: Singles Stableford.
Saturday and Sunday July 11 and 12: Mogul Cup (GOY).
Tuesday and Wednesday July 14 and 15: Singles Stableford.
Saturday and Sunday July 18 and 19: Cavanagh Cup (GOY)
Tuesday and Wednesday, July 21 and 22: Singles (Lady Captain's Prize to the Men).
Saturday July 25: Lady Captain's Prize.
Sunday July 26: Singles.
Tuesday and Wednesday July 28 and 29: Singles Stableford.
Friday July 31: Nenagh Ormond Rugby Club Classic.
Timesheet: Now that we are back playing it’s important that we adhere to the protocols laid down by the GUI and the club. The club has mandated that members restrict their play to three times per week to allow all members the opportunity to participate. To ensure that this limit is adhered to, the management committee of the club will be monitoring the timesheet for compliance and will take action where this rule is being ignored. If you are booking more than three times a week (Monday to Sunday), please modify your booking to just three slots, of your choosing, with only one at the weekend to facilitate those members working or having other commitments during the week. Additional booking will be deleted by the Course Ranger. This is a short-term measure while we return to normal and thank you for your co-operation. More time will open up on the timesheet shortly and also at the end of the month, subject to Phase 3 being confirmed for commencement on 29th June.
Club singles: The club singles matchplay competition (O'Keeffe Cup) will resume shortly. The draw for which is posted in the men's locker room. The club fourball will not be held this year.
AMENDED NENAGH GC DIARY 2020
Operating from 29 June (commencing Phase 3 of COVID-19 Road to Recovery)
Thurs 2 July 18H S/F & 9H S/F. Men’s President’s Prize to Ladies.
7 July ALT DAY: 18H S/F Sponsor Breo.
Thurs 9th July 18H S/F & 9H S/F Sponsor Breo.
Sun 12th July ALT DAY 1: 18H S/F Sponsor North Tipperary Motor Factors Newport.
Tues 14th July ALT DAY 2:18H S/F sponsor North Tipperary Motor Factors Newport.
Sun 12 July ALT DAY 1: 18H S/F sponsor North Tipperary Motor Factors Newport
Thurs 16 July 18H S/F & 9H S/F North Tipperary Motor Factors Newport
Operating from 20 July and/or continuing from 29 June (commencing Phase 4 of COVID-19 Road to Recovery)
Sun 19 July ALT DAY: 18H S/F Sponsor Sportsmans Dream
Thurs 23 July OPEN 18H S/F & 9H S/F. Sponsor Sportsman’s Dream
Sat 25 July 18H Stroke (Max Score) & 9H S/F. Lady Captain’ Prize
Ladies Committee Nenagh Golf Club.