Nenagh Golf Club

History

​Affiliated to the Golfing Union of Ireland in 1929, Nenagh started out as a 9 hole course designed by Alister McKenzie, who along with Bobby Jones designed the legendary Augusta National. The layout was considered one of the best 9 hole courses in Munster and remained substantially unchanged until 1973, when Eddie Hackett designed Nenagh’s first 18 hole course.

The purchase of additional land in the 1980’s and 90’s allowed the club to undertake a major re-development and the new 18 hole course was completed in 2001. Members and visitors alike have praised the work of course architect Patrick Merrigan and the course’s tree-lined fairways, undulating terrain and varied greens provide an exciting challenge to golfers of all levels.  

Over 150 acres of superbly maintained parkland provide the backdrop to a golf course of the very highest quality. Manicured sand-based greens offer perfect putting surfaces and the free-draining soil of the Beechwood hills provides firm and fast fairways which remain playable all year round.